By registering for the NKFI Scavenger Hunt, I certify the following:
- I understand that by registering, I am waiving my right to assert any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, for property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Hunt, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Hunt related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery, against the National Kidney Foundation of Indiana, any other sponsor of the Hunt, and such companies? parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, and advertising agencies in exchange for my participation in the Hunt.
- I certify that I am at least 18 years of age, or I have obtained the permission of my parent or legal guardian to participate in the Hunt.
- I understand that my participation in the NKFI Scavenger Hunt involves using a personal cellular phone with internet capabilities. I understand that individual data plans/rates apply to participation in the Hunt and all charges are my responsibility. I will also not use my phone while driving.
- I understand the Hunt involves physical activity. I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured.
- I am aware that there is no set race course for the Hunt, that no water stations will be provided, and that no aid stations will be provided.
- I am aware that all streets will be open to regular vehicular traffic during the Hunt. I will obey all local laws and regulations, including but not limited to traffic laws. I understand that any team or member of a team that violates state or local laws including but not limited to traffic laws will result in immediate disqualification.
- If I will be driving during any portion of the Hunt, I possess a valid driver’s license and valid automotive insurance.
- I acknowledge that I may be photographed, filmed, or otherwise recorded while participating in the Hunt. I grant the National Kidney Foundation of Indiana and its designees the right to use my name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance for publicity purposes relating to the Hunt or future similar events, without notice or compensation.
- I agree to abide and be bound by the Official Rules of the Hunt and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Hunt.